Darko Tominac, mag. ing., DSM
Web : http://tominac.ddns.net
LinkedIn : https://hr.linkedin.com/in/darko-tominac-a48b77
Areas of expertise
Experience: 25 years
Special development skills
- C/C++ programming for Unix/Linux (SuSe, SCO, RedHat, OSF/1, AIX, ...)
- Linux kernel programming & debugging
- Basic and Advanced Linux System Administration (proxy,
firewall, router, DNS, DHCP, e-mail server, etc.)
- Informix DatabaseSystem Administration
- TCP/IP networks and protocols
- Windows and Linux security
- 4GL and ESQL/C programming for Informix
- Serial communication (RS232 and RS485) protocols driver design and implementation in C
- C and assembler programming for 8051 microcontroller family
- Visual C++ and MFC programming
- RTOS programming: VxWorks, pSOS, Virtuoso, RTX51, eCos, ...
- Reverse engineering of x86 binaries using IDA Pro 5.0
- Physical to virtual migration of Unix/Linux/Windows servers to VmWare
- Protocol & Network analysis using WireShark
- Embedded Linux
- Git / Gitlab
- Developing quality software, especially for an embedded system and Unix/Linux
- Debugging and bug fixing of existing C/C++ software
- Quality assurance of C/C++ source code
Avocent Ethernet Serial Provider (ESP) kernel module driver for Linux Croatian Post Inc.
Vendor out-of-business problem and client requested porting the driver to new kernel + bug fixing
gcc, Linux device driver
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) for Croatian Post Inc.
ServiceMix used as core engine in data transport layer and messages processing
ServiceMix, Java EE, SuSE SELS11, Informix
- ActiveMQ configuration and deployment for Croatian Post Inc.
ActiveQM is configured and used as a data transport layer from each Post Office to central location.
ActiveMQ, SuSE SELS9, Informix
- Bug fixing of "Metrologic USB Serial Emulation Driver - mtlgpos2.sys" for Croatian Post Inc.
Using Barcode reader Focus MK1690 at customer site caused an occasional 'Windows freeze' event.
By reverse engineering and debugging of Metrologic's original driver (a Windows kernel module, mtlgpos2.sys) all the bugs in the
driver have been found and fixed.
IDA Pro 5.0, MS Visual Studio, WinXP DDK
- High Availability System for Croatian Post Inc.
Design and implementation High Availability System
based on Linux platform to provide Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
in case of host and/or location failure. The project is in progress as of June
Linux, Heartbeat, DRBD, bash, Informix
- Telegram delivery system for Croatian Post Inc.
Old system based on teleprinters has been replaced with a new system
based on TCP/IP network and Linux hosts. Each Post office has one Linux host
and telegrams are delivered to the specific host over TCP/IP network.
The project has been completed by June 2007.
Linux, Informix, PPP protocol, ESQL/C, C, Socket programming
- Server migration from SCO to Linux for Croatian Post Inc.
Migration of 800 SCO OpenServer 5.0.x based servers to HP ML350 G4 running on
Linux. Designing, planning and supervising of the entire process to safely
transfer existing Informix database and current versions of custom made
applications from SCO to Linux. The procedure was made (in form of
installation disk, scripts and written instructions) to provide complete
installation from bare metal HP ML350 G4 to fully operational system with
Linux and all the applications. The migration process has been completed
with success in January 2007.
SCO, Linux, bash, Informix
- Fault tolerant systems - Portable 'Watchdog' and 'Majority Voter
- Run Time Library for emulation of transputer native functions
(process handling, channel communication and timer related functions) on
- BBS system for Croatian Post company.
Clients, which are big companies (such as Zagreb Water Supply Company -
'Vodoopskrba i odvodnja d.o.o.') require from their consumers to pay bills in
a post office. The developed system enables such clients to acquire data
on paid bills in digital form on a daily basis. Data are collected on a
PC by means of modem connection.
Croatian Post company
UNIX, C, TCP/IP, Informix, ESQL/C
- 4GL programs for generation of reports in the APROPOS program
NasiceCement (a concrete factory situated at the town of
UNIX, Informix, 4GL
- Application for Client-Server data acquisition for distributed
system (over 800 locations) with data encryption and compression.
Croatian Post and Telecommunication company
UNIX, C, Informix, ESQL/C,
- IBM 4722 protocol for Tally T5025 passbook printer (banking
Croatian Post and Telecommunication company
- A system for the distribution of e-mail within the local network, and
e-mail communication with the global network (Internet).
PPP, POP3 and SMTP protocols
- Allen Bradley DH485 token passing network
- Various RS232, RS485 and RS422 serial communication protocols for
Omron, Modbus (Modicon), GE Fanuc (SNP, SNP-X), TI (Task Code),
Suconet K, Siemens (S3964, AG511), Allen Bradley (DF1, DH485)
embedded system, C
George R. R. Martin,
Robin Hobb, ...
Pages related to the areas of interest:
- Keil, 8051 development tools
- PC-lint, static analysis tool for C/C++
- WindRiver, VxWorks RTOS
- Rational, UML tools
- Multiedit, editor for programmers
- xlsgen is a fast, rich and stand-alone Excel generator
- The IDA Palace
- OpenRCE, the Open Reverse Code Engineering community
- Uncrustify, Source Code Beautifier for C, C++, C#, D, Java, and Pawn
Last updated: 22.08.2017 23:36